Sunday, May 27, 2012

Oh, I Believe In Yesterday...

Several years ago, I had the opportunity to travel with a group from my university to a village called Brandon, England. We worked with a small church there, providing a holiday bible school for the kids in the evenings and working around the community during the day.

It was a great trip and I really loved being a part of the community in Brandon. While we were there, we got the chance to go to London just for a day.  Our group included seven students and we all had different things in London we really wanted to see. So we split up and hit the city!

We saw Big Ben, the London Eye, and Buckingham Palace. I made it to Abbey Road, Platform 9 ¾, and Kensington Garden to see the Peter Pan statue. We all met back up at the Tower of London in the evening and, after dinner, we set out on a Jack the Ripper walking tour.

It was a crazy, long, exhausting day, but it was absolutely wonderful!

So that’s it. My London-in-a-day experience. What I learned about London on that day was that it is enormous. I still can’t believe how much our group was able to do and see that day. But even though we saw so much, it was definitely not enough. And let's be honest: we mostly just saw stuff. We didn't tour the Tower or ride the Eye, but we did, at least, look at them. We were running around all day like crazy, hardly taking time to breathe.

All that to say, six years later, I can’t wait to spend four full weeks in London!





Although, I will miss my favorite travel partner and best friend, JB. Here she is being awesome during our London-In-A-Day.





Here's our "Hey look, everyone! We're Americans!" picture.






And here's just one more... 

#HadTo



No comments:

Post a Comment