Wednesday, June 20, 2012

She's Got A(nother) Ticket To Ride...

Well, so much for flying out tonight. 


My mother and I are now sitting in our fancy room at the Sheraton at the Huntsville airport. Thanks to Delta for the hotel room and the delicious burger I just had at The Grille. Oh, and the Dr. Pepper I'm currently drinking. And the breakfast I will be eating in the morning.


Our first flight was delayed so much that we knew we'd miss our second. So we rescheduled everything. So we never got on a plane at all. After a slightly frustrating (and long) conversation with the airline folks, we have a new flight plan. 


Our new flight schedule begins at 11:30 tomorrow morning. We'll still fly through Detroit and Amsterdam and end up in Edinburgh, but this sets us back almost 24 hours. We will (hopefully) arrive in Scotland around 8:30 am, which means our first day will be a bit more exhausting than we'd planned. 


But for now, I'm watching the Cardinals beat the Tigers. It's the top of the 8th. For the sake of my crazy day, please Cards, beat the Tigers. 


Hopefully, my next post will come from Edinburgh, Scotland... but I make no guarantees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment