Monday, June 18, 2012

Two Of Us Wearing Raincoats Standing Solo In The Sun...


As part of our student experience, we’ve been asked bring a “mascot”- some small sort of character that we can carry with us and use in pictures.

Well, naturally, I want to take Pirate Minnie.

Pirate Minnie has been with me for many years now and she is quite a traveler. She has also been a representative of a group of my best friends. We call ourselves “Family Dinner” and we’ve been together for years and years. We all went to college together, but now we live all over the country and beyond. From Nashville to New York. North Carolina to Haiti.

And anytime we get together, Pirate Minnie is there to stand in for whoever can’t make it. She has been on many a vacation with us, including New York, Orlando, St. Louis, Portland. Unfortunately, Pirate Minnie not exactly small.

WDW
NYC
Go Cards!



Family Dinner Thanksgiving 2011

13102 January 2012 
But there is another group of very important people in my life, whom I commonly refer to as “13102.” This is the group of ladies I lived with when I moved down to Orlando and worked for a time at a little known place called Walt Disney World.

13102 traveled to our old stomping grounds earlier this year to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. It was a crazy, fast, lovely, perfect weekend. And while there, I found myself another Minnie!

Purple Minnie will travel with me to the United Kingdom and will carry with her the blessings of my beloved Family Dinner and 13102. She and I are looking forward to the many adventures that await us! 
Pirate Minnie passing the torch!
Purple Minnie is ready to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment