Monday, July 9, 2012

Gather Round All You Clowns...


Today the group went to Westminster Abbey. If you’ve been reading my blog the whole time I’ve been here, you’d know I went to Westminster Abbey with my mom a little over a week ago. Even though I’ve already been, I was still excited to go again. This time, we had live tour guide instead of the audio guide my mom and I’d had.

Our guide, Hugh, was really great. He was so knowledgeable and, once again, we got to see a few things that weren’t on the tour I’d done before.

But what I was actually looking forward to the most was the memorial to the Little Princes I’d learned about at the Tower of London. I knew I’d probably walked right by it, and I had. The urn and memorial are actually in the same chapel as Elizabeth I and her sister, Mary.

I took a moment to read their memorial and give them a little “sorry your uncle killed you and took the throne from you.”

The only problem with Westminster Abbey is that it’s always so full of people! I feel like I could go over and over and still not see it all because there are always other people who are also trying to see it all.

Take Poet’s Corner, for example. This section of Westminster Abbey started with the burial of Geoffrey Chaucer, who was buried there not because of his written works, but because he was a good friend of the king and his brother. But now, there are countless poets, writers, composers, and even actors and actresses who are either buried or memorialized just in this one section of the Abbey. If I could just have the building all to myself for one day, I might be able to see all the memorials to the thousands of writers, scientist, musicians, kings, queens, and so on who are buried there.

And you know what else I might do if I had the place to myself??

Possibly this:



Dr. Everhart told us about this video today while we were touring Westminster Abbey. I think its hilarious. I mean, who wouldn’t want to do cartwheels down the aisle of Westminster Abbey? 

1 comment:

  1. Nu uh!! Is dance in your pannies allowed?

    ReplyDelete