Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Help Me If You Can, I'm Feeling Down...


Today was a roadtrip day. We took a fancy little bus to Salisbury today to see the Salisbury Cathedral and then onto Stonehenge. It was a beautiful, but very windy day. Although I don’t feel like we actually did as much as we did yesterday, today seemed far more exhausting. Perhaps it was just the roadtrip aspect.

Our driver, Tony, was really great and really funny. Our guide for the cathedral and Stonehenge was very also quite funny and very knowledgeable. Pat, our guide, even brought out his “most amazing visual aide” for us… a pop up book! It was awesome and it really was a perfect visual aide for what Stonehenge (most likely) once looked like.

It really is fascinating that people built that huge structure thousands and thousands of years ago.  I mean, with the technology and engineering we have today,  we don’t think twice to see buildings like The Shard go up in no time. (The Shard, by the way, is London’s newest skyscraper.) But to think about how much time and labor went into creating this structure we know as Stonehenge really is incredible.

On another note, our photo assignment for the day was to create a story in 5 pictures. I brainstormed all day to try to come up with a great story, but I just couldn’t figure anything out. So I consulted my dear Purple Minnie and she suggested we go outside to see if we feel any inspiration there.

And here’s what happened…






1 comment:

  1. I'm going to pretend Minnie didn't fall and she jumped!

    ReplyDelete