Thursday, July 26, 2012

Longer Than The Road That Stretches Out Ahead...


Today, a miracle happened. Not only did I finally get to met up with Dan and Leslie, but we went to a pub for lunch and guess what! There was baseball on tv in the pub! Oh man, I got so excited.

I got to watch the last inning of yesterday’s Braves game and the first few innings of the Cards game.

Before we left for the pub, we’d heard that the Olympic Torch was supposed to come down a street close to the hostel, so we left the pub in time to line up along the street with the rest of the neighborhood and wait.

Before too long, the parade began and we got to watch as a smiling lady jogged down the street holding up the torch. She was surrounded by other joggers and, of course, lots of cops and security folk. But I got a pretty decent picture as she went by. Too bad I’ve already packed the cord that connects my camera to my computer…

It’s been really great to relax and swap stories with Dan and Leslie. They’ve been traveling all around Europe and will head back to Nashville next week. Sitting in that pub, having lunch with Dan and Leslie, watching baseball felt great. Its like the world just wanted to give me a great transition back to the States.

Tomorrow, I’ll be meeting up with a few of the FSU girls at Victoria Park and hanging out all day, waiting to watch the Olympic Opening Ceremony on a big screen with thousands of other people. It’s going to be bananas, but I’m excited! After seeing a bit of the Torch Relay today, I’m just excited to participate in whatever Olympics events I can.

I have no idea what time I’ll return to the hostel and I have to be up early to get to the airport Saturday morning. I may just stay up all night. Who knows. All I’m saying is, this is likely my last post from the lovely city of London. So I guess this is where I say goodbye. 

Goodbye, London.

Goodbye, City Life.

Goodbye, Land of Peter Pan and Harry Potter.

Goodbye, Two Little Princes.

Goodbye, Her Majesty the Queen.

Goodbye, Kensington Gardens.

Goodbye, Richard at Kensington Palace.

Goodbye, Awesome Public Transportation.

Goodbye, Amazing Cheese.

Goodbye, Living Out Of a Suitcase.

Goodbye.

2 comments:

  1. Chills and tears. That's what just happened when I read this. And for so many reasons. First, because I'm over a week behind on your blog and just loved hearing from you again. Also because of the Olympics. Who doesn't love them!? And to see the torch passed? The opening ceremony with the locals? Sigh. Such a treat! And then because you're coming home! Not that I will necessarily be there, but in spirit, most definitely. Being able to text or call whenever I want. Knowing you're loving on The Crown day and night and keeping Tuscaloosa cool. So many reasons why I loved this post and even more reasons to love you! Can't wait to read more! Miss you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm madly in love with you Kayla Gail and I miss you so much. I'm still pretending you'll be in Tuscaloosa when I get home. I even pretended not to notice that fancy email you sent with your new address...

      Delete