Sunday, July 8, 2012

Nowhere Plans For Nobody...


This weekend we had a lot of free time. Several of the women with the group have places around London or Great Britain they’d like to see, but since I spent the two weeks prior traveling, I chose to take it easy this weekend.

Also, I’d really missed sleeping in.

Saturday I woke up to clouds and light rain outside my window, which is typical of London, but really quite a lovely thing to wake up to.

I walked down to Covent Garden to do a little shopping. Cath Kidston was having a sale! For anyone who doesn’t know who Cath Kidston is, I didn’t either. She’s a British designer who makes purses and tea towels and shoes and accessories in super feminine prints. She’s known for her floral designs, but she has other stuff too.

And being in London, and there being a sale and all… I had to go in. And I left with two bags… a purse and a tote. I mean, I’d planned to buy some sort of tote bag to take as a carry-on on the way home because I know I’ll come back with more than I brought. And this tote was A. on sale and B. the print is the limited edition Diamond Jubilee print. I had to buy it!

On another note, I’m watching Wimbledon for the first time in my life. Why? Because I’m in London. And Andy Murray is the first British man to reach the Wimbledon finals since the 1930s and the whole country is excited about it. I can’t help but watch it!

So the weekend has been rainy and relaxing, but also a good chance to catch up on schoolwork. Be on the lookout for my very first podcast this week! 

Here are a few pictures I took yesterday on my walk.

live music at Covent Garden
The Crown!! Miss you two!

2 comments:

  1. So Cath is basically the British Vera Bradley, yes? I googled the Diamond Jubilee print and found a few images, but I really liked everything I saw. So pretty sure it'll be fantastic! :) Also, I believe I recognize the title of this post to be from the song, Nowhere Man, which we listened to on our road trip to DC this weekend! :) Almost like I was with you. Miss you xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The CROWN? Really. Classic. It's not the same without you. Soak up your London version of the Crown for us :)

    ReplyDelete