Monday, July 23, 2012

Très Bien Ensemble...


Well, we’re back from our long, exhausting, wonderful, crazy weekend in Paris.

We started the weekend before the sun came up on Friday. Our train left at 5:40 a.m. We got into Paris around 9:something a.m. and hit the ground running. We went straight to the Arc de Triomphe. What a great first view of Paris!

From there, we walked to a café for lunch. We had a perfect view of the Eiffel Tower while we relaxed and ate. And ate. And ate. And drank. They kept pouring wine, so we kept drinking.

Let me just take a moment to say that this was one of those meals that quickly makes it onto the “Best Meals Of My Life” list. Not only did we have an outdoor table with beautiful weather and a perfect view of the Eiffel Tower, but the food was amazing. The bread and the chicken and the mashed potatoes with so much butter Paula Dean would be ashamed. But we weren’t. We cleaned out plates! And then came the crème brulee. Lord have mercy. It was my first crème brulee and I’m pretty sure it spoiled me. I’ll never want it if I can’t have it in Paris.

After lunch we walked to the Eiffel Tower for some photos and then took the metro to Notre Dame, where we got on a boat for a cruise on the Seine. Dr. Everhart surprised up with some champagne and we had a toast on the cruise right in front of the Eiffel Tower.

Our day ended at the Louvre, but we were exhausted and didn’t actually stay very long, so we all made our hikes to our hotels for the night.

Saturday, Mary and I spent the day at Disneyland Paris! Oh man. I was so excited. I know some people may think I’m crazy for going to Paris for a weekend and choosing to go to Disneyland instead of seeing Parisian sights… Well, those people clearly don’t know me very well.

It was fantastic! We packed so much into our day and rode so many rides. The lines weren’t too long and the weather was perfect! Everything really was just magical! If I were to try to write every detail of the day it would take forever, so I’ll just post a few pictures.



Sunday was another beautiful day of wandering through the streets of Paris, which included a slight detour to watch the Tour de France (and get sunburned), and then we caught a train back to London.

It was a great, fast weekend. I enjoyed Paris, but I know there is so much I didn’t even see. And if I ever make it back to France, I want to be with a smaller group and with someone who speaks French. 

Au revoir! 

4 comments:

  1. The best meal of my life was in Paris. THE BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je parle francaise, Callie Ann! Je veux aller a Paris avec toi! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you said you'd go to Paris with me...? And to that I say YES MA'AM!!

      Delete
  3. That photo of you at the Buzz ride is amazing! And Minnie looks like she had a blast!!! Oh my, champagne in front of the Eiffel? Can you say PERFECT?!

    ReplyDelete