Monday, July 23, 2012

We Said Our Goodbyes...


Today was our last day as a group. I can’t believe it’s already over. I’ve packed up most of my stuff and I’ll head to my hostel tomorrow, but it still hasn’t really hit me that the class portion of my trip is over and we’ll all be leaving the flats tomorrow for bigger and better things… well, at least different things.

Some of the girls leave tomorrow; some leave a week from now. Some are staying in London; some are traveling around. But we’re all leaving the flats.

It really is so hard to believe that I’ve been in Great Britain for 5 weeks now. The time has flown by, and yet, it feels like I’ve been here for so long!

Today, we spent a few last, relaxing hours together. We walked down to the London Eye and all piled into our own little pod. I was nervous about the Eye, but it was really cool. The ride is so smooth and slow that it really is hard to know you’re moving, but suddenly there you are, flying over London like Peter Pan or Harry Potter on a broomstick. It was a perfect way to say goodbye to our beloved London.

And as if London wanted to give us a wonderful goodbye in return, the weather is gorgeous today! Blue skies. No rain. The temperature was in the 70s. I actually wore shorts today!

And so, before lunch, we all gathered under a tree in Green Park and talked about our favorite things we’ve done as a class. It was great to hear what everyone else loved. It was pretty much unanimous that our favorite days were Primose Hill and Kensington Gardens, which, of course, were also our rainiest.

Dr. Everhart also took the opportunity to give us our “Evies”, which were hilarious. I am proud to say that I won “Most Likely to Marry Prince Harry.” It was perfect. Needless to say, my love for British men (well, really just men) has become a humorous topic of conversation among the group.

We walked from the park to Hard Rock Café for a final meal together. It was a perfect gathering around the table, full of laughter, music, and delicious food.

I feel like I should have some really great “wrap up” blog post, but it just doesn’t feel right yet. Maybe its because I’ll be here for 5 more days. Just give me a few days laying around in parks and a few hours at a café with wifi and I’m sure you’ll get a sappy wrap up.

For now, I’m enjoying some crime dramas and Disney music with the flatmates on our last night together. 


1 comment:

  1. Of course that's the "Evie" you got!! You'll have to tell me all about the others too!

    ReplyDelete