Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Standing In The English Rain...


Well today was… interesting.

We’d all thought we’d be able to tour some of the Olympic facilities, but then we found out we couldn’t get a tour guide, so we went to the Olympics area anyway, in hopes that we’d be able to see… something. Turns out, the viewing areas that had previously been open to the public were now closed in preparation for the Games. (Also, when I typed out “Games”, I bet you know what I thought of… Moving on…) We did get a small and distant view of a few of the sports facilities. Enough to take a group picture in front of Olympic-looking stuff. ( To view the picture, check out the FSU MultiMedia 2012 facebook page. And go ahead and “like” us while you’re at it.)

I mean, there are Olympic activities going on all around the city, so there are more opportunities to see stuff. Yesterday, we had our picnic at St. James Park and walked by the area where the beach volleyball will be held. But we were still a little disappointed with today’s adventure.

In other news, my photo from yesterday won the “photo of the day”!! I was pretty excited. Our theme was transportation and I must say I got a great shot.

Okay, okay. I’ll show you.



If you want to follow all the daily photos, you can follow our facebook page. Each day we have a theme for our pictures and everyone submits her favorite to the facebook site. They’re pretty great and its really interesting to see everyone’s perspectives on the different themes we’ve been given. I recommend you “like” our facebook page, since I haven’t actually related every blog post to our photo assignments.

Anyway, today was not all lost. We spent a little time at the National Maritime Museum and took a boat ride up the Thames back to the Westminster area. A few of the girls and I did a little shopping before ending the day with a lovely dinner at… McDonalds…

I know. I know. I can’t believe it either. What am I doing eating McDonalds in London?? Sometimes you just need some fries and an ice cold fountain Coca Cola. Those golden arches reeled me in… 

No comments:

Post a Comment